Thermal wood processing company is actively seeking a self - motivated, forward thinking individual to fill the role of Production Associate for our Processing facility in Ronan, Montana. Successful applicants will perform a variety of tasks in our facility needed to produce Thermally Modified Wood. The Production Associate reports directly to the Production Manager and will participate in processes related to production, quality, shipping and some equipment maintenance functions of the company. Candidates should be good at thinking on their feet in a changing production environment, be task and goal oriented, care about the well-being of their colleagues and take great pride in their craftsmanship.
- Produce Thermally Modified Wood according to our work order specifications
- Safely operate equipment used in the various manufacturing processes.
- Work with co – workers and supervisors in a cooperative, diligent manner
- Understand, with training the requirements to ensure continuous operations
- Work with the Production Manager on identifying equipment needs related to production along with maintenance programs to meet the growth needs of the business
- Participate in implementing an appropriate training & cross-training program for new employees when required
- Ensure company policies are enforced and the necessary procedures are in place.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience with tools and work practices of metal and wood processing
- Strong Mechanical aptitude
- Familiar with preventative maintenance practices
- Basic understanding of automated equipment
- Basic understanding of wood processing operations
- Organized, detailed oriented professional
- Ability to interact with other personnel
- Ability to work independently with limited daily supervision
- Develop an in – depth knowledge of the production process specifically the operation and performance of the Processing Equipment and supporting platforms
- Manufacturing Health and Safety Performance and Compliance
- Enforce and update as needed company safety policies.
- Ensure all tasks are performed within OSHA standards and guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience, preferably within the wood production/processing industry
- Knowledge of wood processing methods as pertaining to attaining operational excellence.
- Knowledge of wood related tools and equipment involved in the production and use of wood products
- Ability to participate in a team environment in all areas, leading by example.
Physical requirements include the ability to frequently stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, sit, talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
High School Diploma and 3 years of related experience
Company offers a competitive salary and performance-based incentives to the right candidate with great potentialfor future growth. Benefits include, group health insurance including medical, dental, and vision, PTO, retirement, sick leave, and paid holidays.
Wage is $16 - $18 per hour DOE